Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Gospel of Mark

I asked Maddy Brown to share about what she's been learning in the Jr. High...

    "We are learning about the gospel of Mark in church.  So I've been starting to read it before I go to bed every night and it has been really good for me. I'm not one who reads the bible avidly so this is great progress for me. I love how it has just captured me in the stories that are told.
     A week ago my brother walked into my room and asked what I was doing and I said I was reading Mark.  My brother looked interested so I asked him if he wanted me to read to him, he said he would like that so now I'm reading Mark to my little brother as well.
     It feels so good to be reading my bible (and have it be interesting) and teach my brother more about it at the same time.  I can't wait to see what the Gospel Mark will talk about next!"

Thanks Maddie!

It's great when students go beyond Sunday morning with the opportunity to learn and grow!  We encourage our students to "read along" with our lessons in their daily lives.  We encourage you to do the same with whatever you are learning in your small group or church service.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment