Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Friends don't let friends...

     Our Sr. High has been going through a series on friendship since the beginning of May.  I have to admit this is one of my favorite subjects to teach and discuss.  My friends have had such a huge impact on my life and I know that for many of our High School students their friends will have a great impact on them, both good and bad. 
     So far in our series we've studied the difference between a good vs godly friend and a bad vs foolish friend.  We've encouraged the students to enhance their godly friendships and minimize their foolish ones.  We described a godly friend as one who helps you move closer to the Lord and a foolish friend as someone who really doesn't care about you or your relationship with the Lord, but through experiences and time you're friends. 
     I can recall times in my life when the Lord moved and I was so excited to share it with my friends.  I learned quickly which ones cared about this important area of my life, and which ones really didn't have an interest.  I hope you are able to see clearly the godly friends in your life and give God praise for them.  We want you to be a godly friend and we're striving to make Crossroads Youth Ministry a place where you can make godly friends!

Proverbs 18:24 says, "A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."  I hope as you find and develop friends that you'll keep the good ones close and the godly ones closer.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment